Cupping therapy is a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) technique that has been used for thousands of years as a highly effective treatment for a variety of conditions, including skin conditions and musculoskeletal complaints. Many bodyworkers are very interested in learning about how to use Cupping Therapy within their own specialties, and this book is for them.
Drawing on 40 years of expertise, Ilkay Chirali provides a wealth of information on cupping for those without TCM knowledge, covering safety information, equipment and the different variations of cupping and their best uses. Beautifully illustrated with over 120 full-colour photos, it empowers physiotherapists, massage therapists, sports medicine professionals and beauty therapists to add cupping therapy to their toolbox of techniques.
Ilkay Zihni Chirali has practised cupping therapy for almost 40 years, and has taught at many schools of Traditional Chinese Medicine around the world. He lives in Kent, UK.
- A Brief History of Cupping
- The Mechanics of Cupping Therapy
- Choosing the Right Cupping Equipment
- Cupping Therapy Techniques
- Cupping Application Variations
- What to Anticipate During Cupping Therapy
- Cupping Therapy for Athletes
- Cosmetic Cupping Therapy
- Self-Cupping Massage
- How Safe is Cupping Therapy?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Reality and Myth