Chinese Medical Gynaecology: a self-help guide to women's health
Autor: Eddie Dowd
Wydawnictwo: Singing Dragon
Rok wydania: 2018
Liczba stron: 256
Kod produktu: A19
Many of the issues that relate to women's health, from period pain to infertility, can be self-treated with Chinese medicine approaches, and this clear and practical guide explains how to assess symptoms and choose the most effective form of treatment.
Taking a holistic view which includes the traditional Chinese approach that food is medicine, appropriate recipes are included along with other tratment suggestions. The author provides an overview of the history of Chinese medicine and clear and simple explanation of the principles of its theoretical basis, thus providing a context for understanding symptoms from a Chinese perspective and treatments that can be undertaken at home.
Written for women interested in taking a more active role in their own health and wellbeing, the book covers health issues of the menstrual cycle, pregnancy and post-partum, menopause, fertility and fibrocystic breast disease amongst others.
Eddie Dowd has been practising Chinese medicine for over 15 years and continues to work in clinical practice. Eddie lives in Ireland.
- Aetiology and Pathology in Chinese Medicine
- The Five Vital Substances of Chinese Medicine
- Organ Theory in Chinese Medicine
- Channel (Meridian) Theory
- Period Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic Pain in Pragnancy
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Permenstrual Syndrome
- Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Appendix A: Energetic Qualities of Common Foods
- Appendix B: Therapeutic Actions of Vitamins and Minerals
- Appendix C: Cooking Methods
- Glossary of Terms
- Teoria TCM