Clinical Pearls. A Collection of Insights into the Theory and Practice of Chinese Medicine
Autor: Giovanni Maciocia
Wydawnictwo: Su Wen Press
Rok wydania: 2013
Liczba stron: 310
Kod produktu: A27
Clinical Pearls is a collection of Giovanni Maciocia's insights and experience accumulated over 39 years. It discusses in detail and depth, among others, the treatment of autoimmune diseases, diagnosis and treatment of Heat, the functions, pathology and treatment of the Triple Burner and the functions and pathology of the Shen and Hun. In particular, the chapter on the Shen draws essential connections between the Chinese medicine view of the Shen and the Confucian philosophy.
- A comprehensive discussion of the nature and pathology of the Shen and Hun and its connection with Confucian philosophy.
- The first discussion and systematic classification of Heat patterns and their treatment.
- A detailed discussion of the functions and pathology of the Triple Burner
- An interpretation of autoimmune diseases in the light of Chinese medicine, a topic not discussed in Giovanni's other books.
- An original discussion of the functions of the Heart channel in addition to its influence on the Shen.
Giovanni Maciocia is one of the best known and most highly respected practitioners and teachers in the West today with 39 years' experience. He lectures throughout Europe ant the USA. He is a Visiting Associate Proffessor of the Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Chapter 1: The Diagnosis and Treatment of Heat
Chapter 2: Auto-immune diseases
Chapter 3: The Heart Channel
Chapter 4: The Triple Burner
Chapter 5: The Shen and the Emotions
Chapter 6: Geriatrics - Sexual Life
Chapter 7: Diseases
Chapter 8: Patterns
Chapter 9: Acupuncture Points
Chapter 10: Tongue Diagnosis
Chapter 11: My Favourite Points and Herbal Formulae
Chapter 12: Case Histories
Chapter 13: Clinical Tips
Chapter 14: Tabacco in Chinese Medicine and Veterinary Use of the Three Treasures
- Medycyna chińska