The Phase of Wood covers all aspects of the treatment of children, from how to apprach children and parents, differences between children and adults, and the development of pathologies of qi in children to documentation and the preliminary questionnaire. Designed to serve as a text for newcomers to the field and a manual for long-time practitioners, this book contains treatments for the 64 most common ailemnts in children.
The ailments addressed are divided, according to their Western conception, into ailments of the respiratory system, the digestive system, the skin, the ears, and the eyes, as well as emotional ailments and others. The chapter on diagnosis contains a special representation of the different kinds of pulses enountered in the clinic.
The Phase of Wood is basedon the theory of the Five Elements and is a useful reference for practitioners from all streams of Chinese medicine. The simplicity of the theory of the Five Elements is manifested in the book's approach to treatment, which places an emphasis on single needle treatment.
Aram Tzaig has been a practitioner and teacher of Chinese medicine for children for close to two decades. His previous book, "Philosophical and Clinical Tools in Chineses Medicine", was published in 2011.
Section I - The Principles of Treating Children
- The Difference between Children and Adults
- How to Approach Children
- How to Apprach Parents
- Methods of Treatment
- Pathological Development
- Priniciples in the Treatment of Children
- The Treatment Process for Children
- The Preliminary Interview and Record Keeping
Section II - The Tratment of Illnesses
- Ailments of the Respiratory System
- Ailments of the Digestive System
- Skin Conditions
- Ear Problems
- Eye Problems
- Emotional Problems
- Other Maladies
Section III - Appendices
- The Tratment of Common Imbalances
- The Functioning of Acupuncture Points in Common Imbalances
- Glossary of Acupuncture Points
- Chinese Medicine for Children
- Trating Ear Infections Using Chinese Medicine
- Child Intuituin and the Conclusion of Acupuncture Tratments
- Trating Children by Trating Their Parents
- Glossary of Terms